Spring, summer, autumn and winter – each one of the four seasons has its own magic and turns our valley, the Alta Val Pusteria, in a wonderful landscape. The Dolomiti di Sesto are flooded by a variety of colours, fields and meadows change their dress, trees and flowers blossom, leaves dance off their trees, snow lies like a soft blanket on the landscape.
And those who want to experience the four Seasons in Versciaco/San Canido and surroundings, has the agony of choice. A romantic walk, an adventurous trekking tour, climbing, a relaxing day at the pool "Acquafun" in San Candido – all of these can be experienced throughout the year, the feeling of Nature and pure wellbeing!
Our farm Huberhof - holiday on the farm – in Versciaco/San Candido is the perfect starting point for your holiday adventures. We are pleased to give you some advice for every time of the year as follows (more information and suggestions on what to do in bad weather conditions in our farm folder available in every apartment):
Spring, summer & autumn - Tips
- Cycling path along the river Drava from San Candido to Lienz: 42 km, mostly down hill, perfect for a family day out. The cycling track passes directly in front of our farm. You can return by train and get off at Versciaco train station. There is another bike parcours, as perfectly laid out as the one to Lienz, going the other way, westbound (Bruneck, Brixen, etc.). Mountain bikers can enjoy plenty of bike tracks for all levels. Further information here >>
- Use public transport for your daily outdoor trips: Versciaco train station is only 1km away and can easily be reached by walking from the Huberhof. The next bus stop is 300mt away
- Many nice and easy walking tours can be started from our farm, as the one along the sunny Mount Versciaco to San Candido or the from Mount Versciaco to Prato all Drava passing beautiful alpine meadows.
- San Candido town centre offers plenty of shopping possibilities (supermarkets, fashion, sports equipment, shoes, electronics, farmacy, dairy, butcher’s, souvernirs, etc.) and is located only 10 minutes’ drive away – it can certainly be easily reached by train or bus too. Shops opening hours: Monday to Friday 9-12am, 3-7pm, Saturadays 9-12am, afternoons only in high season.
- Climbers from all over the world love and visit the area Sesto Dolomites with ist famous Three Peaks – Tre Cime di Lavaredo. Mountains trails, ferratas, alpine routes and hikes for all levels awaits you.
- To get quickly up to the top of the mountains use the cable cars from the Sextner Dolomiten. The cable car station of the Monte Elmo is 1km walking distance from our Huberhof, while the ones of Monte Baranci, Croda Rossa and Monte Elmo (Sesto) can be reached by bus.
- There are tennis courts and a mini golf in San Candido (5 minutes‘drive).
- Funbob Baranci – Summer toboggan run in San Candido - Great Fun for the whole family! Further information here >>
- And if the sun is not shining… spent a relaxing day in the pool „Aquafun“ with its slides, bubbles and gardens, as well as saunas. As our guests you will enjoy reduced entries, do not hesitate to ask!
Winter - Tips
- Dolomiti di Sesto: simply, a ski paradise! 93km perfectly prepared skiing fun for everyone amidst the UNESCO worldwide heritage! Our Huberhof is located only 1km from the main cable car bottom station from the Mont Elmo. From here you can enter the large skiing area Mont Elmo-Croda Rossa – Padola/Comelico. The “Giro delle Cime” skiing tour is an impressive journey of 30km on your skier taking you through 5.600hm to see breathtaking views of the Dolomiti di Sesto. Some parts are covered by public transport. More information here >>
- Cross country skiing in the Alta Val Pusteria is famous for its more than 200km well prepared trails for beginners and/or experienced skiers. You can easily join the cross country skiing trail from our Huberhof and enjoy some unforgettable hours in this unique winter wonderland. More information here >>
- A special highlight is the Christmas Market in San Candido, that takes place from the end of november until the 6th of january in the centre of San Candido. San Candido goes back to the ancient times of the Advent: old values, experienced traditions and a fabulous atmosphere. The offer is limited to local crafts and traditional gastronomic specialities). Read more >>
- Fun for families : a fantastic day spent on one of the natural toboggan runs, either on the Monte Baranci or on the Croda Rossa or simply to the Tre Scarperi hut (Val di Dentro) or the Alpe Nemes hut. We are pleased to give you all information you need!
- Wintertime too is perfect for some beautiful walks or snow hikes in the snowy winter wonderland of the Alta Val Pusteria! More useful information here >>
- From our Huberhof to the Silvester chapel: you start directly from our farm Huberhof and hike over the Monte Versciaco until the Silvester chapel. We will be happy to provide you with further information!
- Into the Innerfeld/Campo di dentro Valley: Take the public bus from Versciaco to San Candido and from there in direction Sesto until the Innerfeld/Campo di dentro valley. There you can take the shuttle bus or hike to the end of the valley.
- Haunoldköpfl/Piccola Rocca dei Baranci and Gantraste/Pausa Ganda: You can reach the Monte Baranci/Haunold in Innichen with the chairlift and than either go to the left (Haunoldköpfl/Piccola Rocca dei Baranci) or to the right (Gantraste/Pausa Ganda). Beautiful panoramic views are waiting for you!